Yield 10 small pancakes
Always have the dry ingredients on hand so you can whip up these tasty pancakes in minutes. I promise you will leave the box mix at the store.
1-½ cups flour (you can use all-purpose gluten-free flour, whole wheat flour, un-bromated flour)
3-½ tsp. baking powder (non-aluminized)
1 tsp. salt
1 tbs sugar
1 ¼ cup (grass-fed low-fat milk, almond milk, etc.)
1 ½ tbs softened butter or coconut oil
Add-ins: blueberries, strawberries bananas (fruit of your choice) chia, flaxseed, add pumpkin to the batter, avocado, a scoop of protein powder.
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk till combined.
2. Slowly add your milk choice, egg, butter and mix until batter forms.
3. If it is too thick for your liking add milk slowly till you get it to the right consistency. (I tend to keep them thicker)
4. Heat a pan with a fat of your choice (butter, coconut oil). Spread a small amount evenly over the pan.
5. Scoop up the batter with a ladle and pour out individual cakes.
6. Cook to light brown then flip.
Serve hot with real maple syrup and fruit. #yum