Have you tried a blenditarian meatball? Combining mushroom with beef creates a savory and delicious meatball.
These Surf and Turf meatballs are a combination of mushroom, beef and crab. Serve these spicy meatballs with a dollop of chipotle cream sauce and scallions. This tasty appetizer will be a crowd pleaser at your next gathering.
Surf and Turf Meatball with Chipotle Sauce
Yield: 25 one-inch meatballs
Serving size: 3 meatballs
1- cup of finely chopped white button mushrooms
1 -pound grass- fed ground beef
1-tablespoon olive oil
1-teaspoon grass fed butter
3 -tablespoons chopped scallion (just the white part save the green part for sauce and garnish)
2 -garlic cloves minced
1- 16oz. can of claw crabmeat
1 -tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
1-tablespoon crushed red pepper
1- tablespoon garlic powder
1-tablespoon onion powder
Chipotle Cream Sauce
½ cup low fat sour cream
½ cup plain greek yogurt
2 chipotle chilies in adobe sauce
2- teaspoons of adobe sauce
Scallions for garnish
- Pre- heat oven to 425°
- Place mushrooms in a food processor or blender and pulse until mushrooms are finely chopped. (can be chopped with a knife)
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan over low heat. Add scallions, garlic, mushrooms and sauté until lightly browned. When done remove from pan and cool slightly.
- In a bowl combine mushrooms, garlic and scallion and ground beef and set aside.
- Add crabmeat to the mushroom and beef mixture. Combine until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Next, add seasonings and breadcrumbs to the mushroom mixture and combine.
- Form mixture into one-inch balls and place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Place in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes or until internal temperature is 165°F.
- To prepare the chipotle sauce, combine sour cream, yogurt and chipotle chilies in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season to taste.
- Serve meatballs with a dollop of sauce and top with scallions. Enjoy!
Hugs & Health
One thought on “Surf and Turf Meatball with Chipotle Sauce”